Monday, April 14, 2008

Pool Progress

I get lots of questions about the pool progress. So, thought I'd expound upon it here! For three days (Mar. 26-28) they dug the pool, put in the steel walls, and filled the area behind with concrete and dirt. Then the rains came and settled the dirt and the pool into place. This takes place for about 4-5 weeks to ensure a secure foundation for the walls/pool. So, we are lining up the stones for the retaining wall, the electrician, the concrete guy, and the supplies for the deck redo. John tore down the railing from the existing deck and will have new stairs built. He plans to finish the rest of the deck himself. I am not a good waiter...I am all about immediate gratification and instant feedback. So, this is all a lesson in patience for me. I am not so sure I am doing well with that part. I am eagerly anticipating the end of May/beginning of June. I have high hopes that we will be in a semi-done state at that point. I sure hope so.


Until then I need to take things one day at a time. I am thinking of day-tight compartments...from Dale Carnegie: The principle is to live in “day-tight compartments.” Meaning, you should only be thinking/worrying about the things going on today. Don’t waste time thinking about the things you have to do tomorrow, or next week, or next year. Just get through today, just do the few things you need to do today. That’s it. I was introduced to this idea by a good friend when I was teaching. Anne always offered this advice and the older I get the more importance it has taken on in my life.


So, here are some photos from the yard. The deck without railings and the girls "swimming" in the pool:

No comments:

Post a Comment