Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Dots and Stripes

Lily's room has taken on many changes in the last 6 years. We have recently moved her bed against the window allowing for a bit more room. She has lots of furniture in her room and very little wall space. The other day one of her letters that were on the wall spelling out her name fell and broke. So, we decided to take down her name and replace it with something new and different. But, that new and different item turned out to be a favorite old friend...her Mudd jeans. These were the first pair of jeans that she wore (at about 5 years old) and thought were trendy. She would comment on the way they fit and how much she loved them and she wore them until the knees had holes in them. When I came across the jeans in a box of clothes saved for Shelly, I decided they would make the perfect addition to the blank wall previously held by the letters. We also hung the canopy up over her bean bag chair and created a little reading nook for her. So, I snapped a few photos of her room this morning. It is raining and dark here so the pics aren't the best. As I admired her room today, I thought it seemed like a warm and happy place to be. I think she feels the same way!

Bookcase could use some rearranging and reorganizing, but she has all of her treasures in there...right where she wants them.
Bella lives to the left of her dresser...as a side note: this guinea pig is the cleaniest little animal and has absolutely no odor, really!
(Bedding by Little Miss Matched)



3 comments:

  1. I love Lily's room. It's so cute. I love the jeans idea too. I think I am going to use this as an inspiration for Rhiannon's room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally loving the polka dots. They are so cute. I love this room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her room! I am getting ready to redo Amaya's room in the coming weeks and this gives me some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete