Monday, August 25, 2008

It was "AWESOME"

That is what Lily told us when I asked, "So, how was 3rd grade?" Such a relief to hear those words. She talked nonstop about it all when she got home and I love that about her. She tells me everything. So happy for that.



The day started off well. She got right out of bed with the alarm and was changing into her dress when I appeared in her room. Breakfast went smoothly and she was ready to leave the house about 20 minutes after she woke up. The bus arrived and off she went. Shelly and I teared up and we felt the pangs of sadness as she rolled off toward school. Shelly and I spent the remainder of our day together shopping at Target, the grocery store, and eating bagels at Bruegger's. When we got home we started a puzzle and awaited Lily's arrival home.








Lily decided she wanted to walk home from the bus stop. So, we stood in the backyard and watched her walk home. This little girl was beyond happy to see her big sister.








And this is when she told me her day was "AWESOME!".

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pics, Karol! Loved them all! Especially loved the one with the sun coming up in the background. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete