Saturday, August 23, 2008

Daddy's Girls



John helped the girls wrap up their summer fun with an afternoon of swimming. They even caught a toad and played with the little guy in the pool. The girls loved it. Then he gathered us all up and we were off to dinner here:
We got our favorite Bang Bang Shrimp and Lily got her large plate of calamari while Shelly nibbled on the bread and dipping oil. We were all happy and full when the dinner was done. But, the fun continued as we headed for ice cream here:
We live about 40 minutes from this spot. So we only hit it about twice a year. This made for a special ending to a great day.
Tomorrow morning I'll make Lily her favorite cinnamon rolls for breakfast as we celebrate our last day of summer together. I know it all sounds dramatic, but really for me it is dramatic. Hard to see them leave my feathered little nest and brave the big world. The best news of all though is how much Lily loves school. That makes it all so much easier. I'm a lucky mom.

1 comment:

  1. I used to LOVE Brusters back in Atlanta. it was so good. in about 1999 they built one just down the street from our house. I do miss it. That and Chick Fil A. I can't say I miss the heat.

    ReplyDelete