Saturday, August 23, 2008

Summer's Closing Activities

Well, some random items for the end of summer.



Yesterday, the girls and I went to see Space Chimps. Ok, it's not going to win any awards, but it was just about the only movie out there to go see for children. What's the deal? Where are all of the good kids movies???



We searched high and low for some shoes for Lily and finally found some at Kohl's. She needed some black and brown shoes to wear to school. These were both pretty cute and they will go with most items.We had our last lunch out together before the school year begins. It was a bit melancholy for me.




Over the past few days, I was feeling a rush to get my photos in my album. I have been doing digital scrapbooking for awhile, but hadn't quite figured out how to incorporate the layouts into my album. I finally came up with this plan...print out 8x8 layouts and then put them onto 12x12 paper. On some of the layouts I added more embellishments and some I kept the way they were. So, I am officially doing some hybrid scrapping. I think I am probably going to continue the printing of layouts and cut back on the actual paper scrapping. Oh, and I am taking some of the blog entries I have saved and am creating layouts from them. I used the journaling from Shelly's Toothless post to create a 6x6 layout for my mixed size album from America Crafts. This is kind of exciting for me. I like the idea of a new scrapping plan.



This is a sign that the seasons are changing in our house...pool towels are being taken over by backpacks:

No comments:

Post a Comment