Friday, January 16, 2009

She's 5!!!!! Or...She's 5 Dollar Foot Long



Shelly turned five today!!!!!!!!!!!!! She loves that Subway commercial with the $5 Footlong tune. I think she thinks it's all about her 5th birthday. So, all day we are saying "hey 5 dollar footlong!!!"




Anyway, can't believe I am here with a 5 year-old and an 8 year-old. Last night, I told the girls the story of Shelly's birth and they both loved hearing all about it. Some highlights of that day:






  • Lily watching Free Willy before going to the doctor's appointment.


  • Eating the fried sampler at Hugo's with Lily at lunch.


  • Buying Lily socks at Old Navy before the doctor's appointment.


  • John deciding at the last minute to join us at the appointment.


  • Dr. Grewal examining me and saying, "Are you ready to have this baby today?" My answer was "Ummm, I guess so," while John and Lily cheered.


  • Requesting that I be able to make a quick (about 40 minutes) trip back to Summerfield to pick up my suitcase and hearing, "No, you've got to get to the hospital."


  • Lily laying next to me in the hospital bed while the nurses checked me out.


  • Lily staying with Stephanie and Jason while I was getting ready to have Shelly.


  • The doctors and nurses were very anxious about Shelly's positioning. It was a bit of a scary time in that hospital room.


  • The doctor decides she'll be born via c-section.


  • At 10:38 p.m., welcoming our little baby girl into the world.


  • At about 7:00 in the morning deciding on her name...Shelly Lin. This was after she had been called...Brooke, Grace, and Karley.


  • Lily and Shelly meeting for the first time at 10:00 the next morning! It was absolutely perfect!!! I loved every minute of seeing the two of them look at one another.




So many terrific memories filled the next few days, months, and now years! Shelly is such a joyful, loving child. Every day spent with her is truly wonderful. We love you Shelly Bean!!!

Posing with Spot from school

No comments:

Post a Comment