Sunday, March 08, 2009

Why I Blog

When people would ask me about blogging or question why I blogged, I would always say..."well, I really set the blog up so that I could share the every day stuff with my mom." And then I was always surprised if someone other than my mother was actually reading it. It was our way of keeping in touch with stories and pictures. Many times the stories I told she had already heard, but she wanted to see the images that went with those stories. I never had to remind her to check out the blog, she did that on her own and would tell me, "oh, honey I saw those pictures of the girls. They looked so cute." Or something very close to that.

So, I have thought long and hard about whether I wanted to write in this blog anymore or if its purpose had ended. And after being in my mother's house these past few days, she answered my question about the blog. I have uncovered countless numbers of planners and journals documenting every part of her life and interestingly enough, journaling the every day things in her life. I am so so so thankful for these bits of her life and they will be by far the best treasures. So, in her honor, I will continue to document the every day and carry on her legacy for my own children, who might someday find these entries and be thankful and happy to know their mother better.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad this is the conclusion you came to. Even though you share a lot on the board, I always enjoy checking out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so glad you came to this decision. I would miss your blog so much! And I *know* it's exactly what your mom would want you to do. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, am glad you came to this conclusion. I really enjoy seeing the cool things you do. I would really be missing something great if you quit. I think it is wonderful that you found your mom's journals and she helped you with your decision.

    ReplyDelete