Saturday, April 18, 2009

Missing

I knew there would be many days like this. Days when I would think of something funny, or small and insignificant, or touching, or sad and I would want to call my mother. Before March 5th, I would just pick up the phone and there she was on the other end to listen. She was a great listener and she was always there to hear about some little unimportant detail in my life. I can't accurately describe how lost I feel when I have these moments in my days. There aren't just a few days here and there when I feel like this. There are several moments over and over again in my day when I want to hear my mother's voice. I want to hear her say, "Hi honey." I want to gain insight from what she has to tell me. I want to laugh with her about something the girls said. I want to chit chat about The Bachelor and Grey's Anatomy. I want to talk to my mom.



Many have said, "go ahead and talk she's listening," and although I agree, it just isn't the same. I want to talk with her. I want to hear her voice. Each and every day that I am taking this journey without her it is so incredibly difficult. Today, there were several moments when I needed to talk with her...when the girls got in the pool for the first time this season, when I thought about my nephew Eric preparing for his prom tonight, and when I looked through some pictures from last summer when we visited my parents. I just wanted to talk about it all.



I know she's listening...I just wish I could hear her.

One of the photos I ran across today
My mom and dad in August of 2008
Two of my favorite people

2 comments:

  1. It took me six months before I could talk about my mom without crying....thinking of you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww honey...(((hugs)))

    I have been thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete