Sunday, April 05, 2009

One Month

I am not marking today as the one month anniversary of my mother's death. I am just amazed at what has happened in that amount of time. There are moments when it seems as if it was just yesterday that I was talking on the phone to my mother and then there are moments that seem like years since the day we spoke of her at her memorial service.


Through all of the despair and sorrow you search for some normalcy. I found this among these three people. They are the ones who keep me sane, let me cry, talk to me, and give me love. I am looking for my new normal and I know that the love I share with all of them will be what eventually helps me find that new normal. My girls adored my mother and we frequently talk about her and her sage advice. It helps me and I think it's helping them. Again, I am so grateful for the love of family. I have learned how truly powerful love is. It will help you through all of the sadness, the dark days, and the loss.

1 comment: