Friday, September 30, 2011

Library Thoughts

A few days ago I went to the public library to check out a book Lily wanted that wasn't at her school library. I found myself at the library around 11:00---just as the toddler story time was ending. There were moms and toddlers and babies all over the place. Moms seemed to be corralling the toddlers and attempting to navigate their strollers. 


2006



I instantly was sent back in time and reminisced about the many times Lily and Shelly and I would go to story time at the library. It was always a welcome break combined with complete mayhem. It was a chance to interact with other moms with kids, but once out in the big world, some of those kids were't so cooperative. But, as I looked at those tired moms the other day, I thought about all that lies ahead of them. The changes that come when their children go off to school and the new-found independence of both their children and themselves. Then I began to wonder about the changes ahead of me. And, make a vow to try and savor all of these moments with my girls in the here and now. I am so thankful to have such full and happy memories of the time I spent with them when they were small girls. And I love that I have these photos that capture them together.


2004



2006

No comments:

Post a Comment