Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pottery Time

I hate to admit this, but quite awhile ago the girls got a pottery wheel set (from Aunt Stacy and Uncle Pat) and we just now took it out and put it to good use! I was really wishing that Krissy (my expert potter niece) was here to help us. So, Krissy the next time you come to visit we may need you to do a class on pottery throwing!!!


Shelly and her pot






Shelly and I went first and her bowl was not so so grand. But, when Lily got involved with her bowl, she did a great job. I think she had the technique down a bit better than I did for Shelly's. We will let the bowls air dry and then get to painting and embellishing them tomorrow.


Lily working the pottery











Lily's completed pottery on the wheel



I resisted this project because of the potential for dirtiness and sure enough, it was a messy event. But, fun, nonetheless.
A bit of my dirty leg with clay on it





Shelly's pot (left) and Lily's pot (right)
painting and embellishing begins tomorrow




No comments:

Post a Comment