Thursday, December 01, 2011

House Faves/Random

I was in the kitchen the other day and as I unloaded the dishwasher I thought about how much I love my cabinets with the plates, bowls, and wine glasses. It just always makes me smile. 


One of my all time best deals ever are my white Oneida plates. I love this set. It's simple, white, and has a slight little dot around the edge. I purchased a 42 piece set at Kohl's (several years ago) for a grand total of $30!!!! Love these.




Here's a labelled version of the cabinet. Oh, and I do not like cold, hard butter. So, I kept ours in the cabinet to stay warm and soft. If this offends you, I am so sorry.


I also discovered how nicely the plates from Target match the Anthro bowls I enjoy collecting. My plan with the Target plates was just to use them in the summer, but they are so nice and big and hold plenty. So, I keep them in the cabinet with the other plates and use them most often.










I enjoy the cabinet with the glasses in it, as well. And, I obviously have a thing for Tervis tumblers. The shelf with the Tervis cups is about three deep. So, there are roughly 25 cups on that shelf. We like Tervis tumblers. And, the glasses on the top shelf are from Crate and Barrel about 15 years ago. The mugs on the middle shelf make me smile...some of our favorites.






At the Ugh-Mart (Walmart) the other day I found some tarts by Better Homes and Gardens. They come in a little square six pack for $2.00. These smell terrific and I put in 2 squares at a time. So it works out to be a great deal.


1 comment:

  1. I have very similar glasses, but mine came from walmart and have dwindled over the years. The ones we bought to replace them, I don't like nearly as well. Oh and those wax tarts from Walmart? LOOOOOOVE them!!! Been burning spicy cinnamon stick all week. Burned a Yankee tart and actually like the Walmart one better! Whod'a thought? lol

    ReplyDelete