Friday, December 02, 2011

Rag Dolls

On my continuing theme regarding how much Shelly & I resemble one another as children, I have more photo proof. 


Shelly was in her 2nd grade class play and played the part of a rag doll. She wore the exact same costume that my mother made for me when I was 8. Right down to the yarn wig that my mom had saved in the box of Halloween items at my parent's house. Can't tell you how happy I was to find the costume and even happier to reveal the wig in that box. I was not eager to recreate a Raggedy Ann yarn wig. 


Thank you, mom---once again---for being there for me. I love you!


Me in 1974 as Raggedy Ann


Shelly as Raggedy Ann




My sweet ragdoll

Ragdoll Girls
Shelly & Elli

Shelly, Connor, and Elli
The ragdolls

Starting off the play

The toys waking up and coming to life







The cast



Waving ragdoll behind the reindeer

Stripes

3 comments:

  1. OMG, what a FANTASTIC costume! And yes- Shelly is 100% your clone. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kimberly and Missi. It was so fun to see her in that costume.

    ReplyDelete