Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"Lucky" Incidents

Let me say I have some pretty unusual luck. Like the time the car hit me and Shelly while we were sitting in a golf cart or the time the deer ran out in front of us and hit our car. On one hand, we weren't so lucky to be hit by a car, but on the other hand Shelly walked away from that accident with only a tiny scratch on her face. And, when the deer hit us, the car was pretty beat up but we were fine...scared, but all in one piece.


So, I guess it was time to add to our series of oddly "lucky" incidents. The girls and I were headed to Fredericksburg, VA to see my niece at college. It was a pretty easy and fun drive with the girls. We were on Interstate 95 checking out all of the various car/truck license plates and singing along to an old CD. At right about that moment, we heard a loud bang (much like an explosive gun shot sound) and I turned toward my driver side window to see the glass shattering from the window into the car. I was able to move the car off of the road onto the right shoulder. It was a scary few moments of assessing what had just happened and deciding what to do next.


So, I called 911 and waited as the VDOT assistance guy arrived. Then the EMTs came to check on us and finally the VA state trooper. There was much speculation as to what might have happened, but no clear determination.



We were .4 of a mile from our exit and so we went to our hotel, checked in and I called the auto glass people. We were able to get the car window covered and the glass cleaned up on Friday night with an appointment for the following morning to replace the window.





On Saturday morning they replaced the window in about 30 minutes and we were as good as new.



And, that ends yet another story in our series of "lucky" incidents!




1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure I would have peed myself if that happened to me!! I'm so glad you're all ok, but what a freak incident! (I do find it ironic that after the deer story, Shelly has a sweet little deer on her shirt...I tend to pick up weird details. :) Anyway, SO glad you're ok!!!

    ReplyDelete