Thursday, May 17, 2012

Field Trip Girl

Field Trip Girl


Right after the stitches came out of my foot, Shelly was scheduled to go on a field trip. It was a trip we had been talking about since August and we were both so excited about the idea of going together. Shelly's class was going to the Lazy 5 Ranch where they got to see animals and feed them while going on a hay ride.


The big bummer...my foot was in no shape to go walking around through the animal ranch and I certainly couldn't get into the cart for the hay ride. I was soooooooo disappointed I wasn't able to go. But, my sweet girl was fine with it all and handled it beautifully. She was very excited for the field trip and was happy to have a great partner for the day. I was thankful for that. When she got home she told me all about her day and all the fun she had. 


I must say that two of my least favorite mommy moments happened back to back. Moments where I felt like I was letting my girls down. They never seemed to feel that way, but I sure did. Not being able to go on the field trip with Shelly bummed me out and I also felt badly that I couldn't take Lily to the band concert at her school. John offered to take her and we had a neighbor who also offered to take her to the concert. But, I think she just really wanted me to go with her and I couldn't. Hate that I had to bale out on her. But, as I said, neither of the girls seemed upset about these changes and they were both more than kind to me about it. I'm a lucky momma.

Happy and Excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment