Sunday, August 12, 2012

Summer's End

The girls head back to school tomorrow. So hard to believe this school year is beginning and summer is coming to an end.  We have had a nice summer break. We did some new and different things...went to an amusement park, summer camps in Virginia Beach, and did more cooking than ever before. We also slept in most days, had a very loose schedule, and laughed about all kinds of silly things. 

When my girls are older, I hope they remember the lazy and uncomplicated days they spent together in the summer. I hope they realize how lucky I always felt to have those special days with them. And, I hope they remember feeling refreshed each school year and ready to begin a new year. 




 
Lily will be a seventh grader and Shelly will enter third grade this year. I know the time is speeding up before my eyes. I know this because I remember Lily's first day of kindergarten like it was yesterday. And, I remember thinking how little Shelly was when she climbed aboard that school bus on her first day. Her first of many where she would leave home (and leave momma) for life in a classroom where she would make decisions for herself. 

 
I'm trying to stay positive and happy as they both embark on their latest school adventures. But, I must admit that it will never be easy to see them leave my side. But, I know it's exactly what they need to do.  And I will be their biggest cheerleader as they head out the door tomorrow. 





No comments:

Post a Comment