Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Bee---ing a Middle Schooler

I was just reflecting on a little sign I made for Lily when she graduated from 5th grade. I made it to help her remember to be a part of her middle school experience and not just sit back and watch it all happen. 



I loved junior high (we weren't a middle school in the 80s). I loved being a club member, a happy student, and even a sporting spectator (I wasn't terribly athletic at the time).  I wanted to encourage that feeling of being a part of something bigger in Lily, as well.
Here I am at the age of 12!

As I looked over my words of middle school wisdom, I was thrilled to see that Lily has been following those little pieces of advice. And, my guess is that she's doing it without even referencing these thoughts.



Oh, and I love that she asked me to make a smaller version of the "Beeing a Middle Schooler" sheet for inside her locker.

No comments:

Post a Comment