Tuesday, March 05, 2013

My Mom

Four years ago today my dear mother passed away. Her sudden death left our family filled with more sadness and grief than we could ever imagine. And, each day I am still overwhelmed by her death.


Lily and my mom 2001


So many times I think to myself, what would my mom do? Or, I'll call my mom and get her advice. On a daily basis, when I have these moments it is sometimes so difficult to go about the day to day activities. But, I do. We all do. All of our family members are doing well and living their life to the fullest. Just exactly as my mother would want us to do.



Me and my mom 1969


I've mentioned it other times, but my mom lived her life to the fullest each and every day. She married a man she loved, had three daughters she cherished, and had a happy and fulfilling career as a teacher. In her retirement years, she and my father traveled and did things that made them happy.



Dad and mom 2006


And, there is the key to life. Be happy and filled with love. The best advice my mother could give us was through her example of living well. So, as I go throughout this day, I want to remember to live my life more like she did. Being happy.




Love you, mom.

1 comment:

  1. ((Karol)) What a lovely woman your Mom was, the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

    ReplyDelete