Friday, January 16, 2015

Birthday Girl

On this date eleven years ago Shelly Lin arrived. It was a chilly day in January and Lily and I had spent the day watching Free Willy. We went out to lunch and we stopped at Old Navy for new socks for Lily. John met us at my doctor's appointment and we were told I needed to head to the hospital---it was time to have a baby. 

























Several things occurred during the next few hours---a doctor who was a bit strange about telling me I needed an emergency c-section, saying goodbye to Lily as she left with our friends, and attempting to reach my parents on the phone unsuccessfully. But, at 10:30 this precious little baby girl arrived!



After her birth, we tossed around three or four different names over several hours before landing on Shelly. And it fits her perfectly. 



















Shelly is loving, kind, artistic, adventurous, happy, funny, caring, helpful, and creative. She is the icing on the cake, the cherry on top of the sundae, and she's the perfect ending to our family of four. 












We love you so much, Shelly. Happy, happy birthday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment