Saturday, March 07, 2015

Facebook Free

For a little over two years I've been Facebook free and I wanted to update how it has effected me.

It hasn't. At all.

I may be missing out on photos and updates from friends, but I don't miss it. I don't miss hearing what's for dinner, how far they ran, where they went on vacation, or about a vague/leading status update they've posted.

I could be missing out on social events but if someone really wants me at an event I'm sure they'll let me know about it.

So, what am I missing while not being on Facebook? The time suck that occurs. I no longer am wasting time checking on updates, photos, and messages.

I haven't abandoned social media all together. I really enjoy Instagram. I love looking at people's photos and I'm inspired and happy when I'm on Instagram.  And, of course, this blog is my other happy outlet.

The bottom line is that Facebook isn't necessary to live a fulfilling life and being out of the loop can sometimes be a good thing. So, go ahead and give it a try---be Facebook free.


No comments:

Post a Comment