Wednesday, August 30, 2017

The Biggest Decision

Seventeen years ago today, I walked into the principal's office where I was teaching 5th grade and told him I was no longer planning to teach. He kindly accepted my declaration and the assistant principal came in to reassure me she completely understood my choice. 

Through tears and complete apprehension, I left their office and called John to tell him that I quit my job. He, too, accepted my decision but I'm certain his life was rocked when I told my police officer husband that I was no longer going to be working. 


Having made that choice, three months later, we made the decision to move to North Carolina where John took on a new job and the financial responsibility of his family. 

So many changes would take place from there and through it all, I continued to stay at home with Lily and then with Shelly. These two priceless human beings have never made me question why I made that choice 17 years ago. They are my single best accomplishment and I will never regret the sacrifices that came along with being a mom who chose to stay at home to raise her children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment