Monday, February 20, 2006

02.20.06

Ok, this blog entry may end up a bit random today. I have so many things to mention. First, I am feeling like a hundred bucks today and that is huge!!!!! Last week, really set me back and I could live without feeling that way for another 10 years or so. I have completed three loads of laundry, cleaned three really dirty bathrooms, baked a berry pie, got my premade (by me) frozen enchiladas out to prepare for dinner, done grocery shopping, and straightened the house. I feel like superwoman. I did so little last week that the house was a wreck and it was starting to rub off into my life. But, today is a new day. And I am ready to go for the week...a great feeling.

This past weekend, we went to Virginia Beach to celebrate my parent's 50th wedding anniversary with both of my sisters and their families. There were a total of 14 of us. After cocktail hour at my sister's house, we surprised my mom and dad with a limo for all of us to travel down memory lane. We visited schools, workplaces, and our former home in VB. It was so fun. But, the best part was knocking on the door of our "old" home and asking to take a picture in front of the house. The woman kindly agreed and then invited us in to look around! It was amazing to see all of the familiar sights and flashback to 28 years ago. My favorite was the pink shag carpet that still lined the floor in my bedroom! Unbelievable. I even bent down and gave it a little brush with my hand. We were all overwhelmed by the hospitality of these people and so thrilled to share this with our "family of origin". After our limo ride, we had dinner on the bay and then back to my sister's for dessert. It was a spectacular evening. We love our parents and hope that they know this each and every day.

1 comment:

  1. Glad things are going well Karol! I decided to check out our blog b/c I am getting the nerve to start my own! You have a great Blog. I loved reading about Shelly's birthday and her various names before becoming "Shelly". Thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete