Tuesday, February 21, 2006

02.21.06

Interesting observation made by my husband today...

My phone rings while I'm shopping (all alone) in Marshall's.
DH says: "Where are you?"
I say: "Wandering around Marshall's."
DH replies: "You have a great life."
My response: "Yes, I do."
Well, I just loved every minute of that exchange. Sometimes I feel like I have to apologize for my life. I spend a lot of time taking care of my girls, cleaning, cooking, and making life easier for all of us. Yet, many times people perceive my life as just one big free ride. So, today it felt kind of good to admit that, yes, my life is great and still smile about it without feeling guilty.
On a domestic note, I have made two decent meals for dinner this week. Last night was beef enchiladas (previously made by me and frozen), salad, and spanish rice. We topped it all off with a Mixed Berry Pie. Yummmm! Tonight was Chicken with apples and onions prepared in the crock pot and accompanied by brown rice and roasted zucchini. Both dinners were a success and I have plenty of leftovers for the next couple of nights. Fun!
Closing with this photo of me, Shelly, and John from the 50th anniversary festivities.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, just getting caught up on reading some fan-blogspots. I think it's so great that you know and appreciate that you are living the great life- I wish more people could open their eyes and see how blessed they truly are in this world. Thanks for sharing that you know it and it makes you happy! Now I challenge you to do something little- yet great to help another person realize how fortunate they really are. Good luck!! P.S. Your parents looked so cute!

    ReplyDelete