Saturday, February 25, 2006

02.25.06

Well, I was just thinking about how important pictures are in my life. Then I thought about an image I have of my mother in the kitchen. When she's cooking, she invariably has a kitchen towel over her shoulder while she works. Yesterday, I was doing the same as I scurried about the kitchen preparing dinner. My conclusion with all of this is that even without photographs we can have images in our minds forever. I do know how important my photos are, but my memories are equally as important to me. So, I think I will digitally scrap this "mind image" with some journaling and without a picture.

Another image is that of my father in the yard wearing his headphones and mowing. He loves being outside and getting some good yard work completed and although I don't have an actual photograph of this event, I have seen it so many times my mind can consistently recall it with little effort. So, again, I will put my journaling and digi scrapping to work with these "mind images".

Just wanted the non picture takers to know that scrapping and journaling can happen even without a photo. Here's my ode to mom and the towel:

No comments:

Post a Comment