Tuesday, September 19, 2006

09.19.06

Some random thoughts and things:

1. Why can you feel on top of the world one day and really down in the dumps the next day?

2. Dr. Laura said the following on her radio program this morning: "Your job (as a parent) is not to make them (your children) feel great 24 hours/day every day, but to get them ready for the real world." Wow, that really made me stop and think. We are all so worried that are kids are going to be upset or unhappy, but the fact is, that's life. We need to teach them how to cope with real experiences, not the fake circumstances we are apt to create for them. They will be better people for it.

3. I think I am going to make my pumpkin cream cheese bread today.

4. I need to sort through the mess in the girls' rooms and purge.

5. I wonder why more girls aren't involved in Girl Scouts anymore. I'm thinking about signing Lily up for Brownies.

6. There are two kinds of people...those that enter a room and say, "here I am" and those that enter a room and say, "oh, there you are". A great quote to think about...shared by Bonnie.

7. PTA stuff will keep me busy over the next several weeks.

8. I signed on as a Pampered Chef consultant and I am excited to make something of it.

9. I can't wait for cooler weather...I love the colors of Fall.

10. The girls and I will go on a walk today after homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment