Tuesday, September 04, 2007

09.04.07




Another first day of school around here. This time for Shelly. She was so excited to get going and walked into the class with only a slight bit of apprehension. Once inside the room, she saw several other children who were sad and ranged from mopey to all out pitching a fit. I think this threw her off her game and she also got sad and began crying. I finally was able to let her go and the teacher took her into the room. I stayed in the hall for a few minutes and the other moms assured me that she was fine.
So, off I went to run my errands. I completed the following and felt good about it: (and people ask what I do during my BIG 8 hours a week that I am alone!!! LOL)
  • Bank
  • Notary
  • Dry cleaners
  • McDonald's for the $1 Large unsweetened iced tea with lemon (a savings of 37 cents from last year's Chik-Fil-A tea)
  • Pier 1 Kids going out of business sale
  • Barnes and Noble to use a gift card on a sewing book and this magazine
  • Michael's to buy crows for Fall decor (this amused my mother)
  • Target to check out this organizational system for the girls' toys
  • Quizno's for a little lunch (where they specially made my double cheese melt...no longer on the menu)
  • Dollar General for paper towels and plastic wrap
  • Kohl's (where I saw the new Vera Wang line...cute...although this piece was reminiscent of Maria in Sound of Music)...wow, apparently this new line is really under wraps and you have to go to the store to check it out...sorry no images of the designs on the web.

So a good day overall. When I picked up Shelly all had gone well and she was very enthusiastic about her day...her teachers, her friends, the playground. All good. And she took a little snooze once she got home.

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Shelly looked absolutely precious on her first day of school. Sounds like your day was a great success. Fantastic!! :o)

    ReplyDelete