Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Bicentennial Birthday

The year that I turned 10 (1976), my mother planned a Bicentennial party. This was to commemorate my birth, as well as, the nation's. She went all out for my birthdays. My mother was a woman before her time. She included all of the cool matching items and thoughtful party favors. I once had a Price is Right party where my sisters were the girls who rang up the amount of money and modeled the prizes. Fun, fun, fun.
I wore red, white, and blue for this event. Oh, and in 1976, I was a colonial woman for Halloween that year. Obviously, another idea prompted by dear ol' mom.
So, in honor of Shelly's party tomorrow I thought it would be fun to post photos from a Louise party! That's me in the glasses and the white tennis outfit with the red racquet on it. The girl with the other white shirt and red trim is Kristin. Her birthday was the day before mine and I believe this might have been one of the many combined parties we had. Her mom was not nearly as clever and creative with her party skills as my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment