Thursday, March 19, 2009

Photos and Notes


This is a photo that sits by my computer. It was taken in June 1984 on my high school graduation day. That was such a perfect day for me. My parents held a big bash at our home after the graduation and we had tons of fun with family and friends. This picture was taken in their kitchen during the afternoon before the graduation ceremony. We had spent the day preparing for the party and all of the company and we were a bit tired. I remember the moment the camera snapped and I have always loved this picture. It seemed to perfectly capture the feelings my mother and I shared. Little snippets of life are constantly fluttering into my mind lately. I am so thankful for pictures that grabbed these memories and hold them tight. And, I love to just sit and stare at them. This is the most difficult time in my life, but I find great comfort in pictures and hand written notes from my mom. These are just more of the lessons I am learning from my mother...take pictures and write often.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great picture! You are completely right. We have to take lots and lots of pictures of EVERYTHING even if it seems trivial at the time. Karol, your mom KNEW how much you loved her and you guys had a wonderful relationship. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete