Saturday, May 09, 2009

Mom

Dear Mom,
Just a quick note to let you know I think of you every moment of every day. I miss you more than words can say and I desperately wish we could chat with one another and laugh. At times I feel lost without you, but I draw strength from the many lessons you have taught me along the way. I see so much of your legacy in my own girls and I am more than happy that you were such a powerful influence in their little lives. As I celebrate Mother's Day, I feel so blessed to say that I had a mother beyond compare...a mother who surpassed all others...a mother who was devoted to her children. Mom, I love you, I miss you, and I know we'll see one another again some day. Happy Mother's Day to you.




Proverbs 31:25-29
"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."



Mom, do you remember this picture?
It was taken in the Abbey Drive house on Easter Day 1977



1 comment:

  1. You hang on, OK? You are not alone because there are so many of us out in the world.

    Your feelings will never change, but you will feel differently.

    Keep a tight rein,

    Laura

    ReplyDelete