Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Stitching up the Pieces

This morning I was feeling a little down and decided I needed to do something constructive to get out of my funk. I bookmarked this idea and thought I'd give it a try.

This task meant I needed to pull out the sewing machine. Something I haven't done since my mother's death and I really wasn't looking forward to it. Every time I sewed, I knew I had my mom as backup should anything go wrong. She could answer my questions and set me straight OR I could just put the project to the side until I saw her again when she could fix it for me. And this time I knew I was on my own. Not a great feeling, but something I needed to do. So, I did it.







Shelly was right by my side (or across from me at the table) as my little assistant and that felt good. And it felt slightly familiar, too. I can remember many days sitting near my mom as she sewed away at her machine and created something for me. I enjoyed those days with her even as an adult.




Here I am showing a few steps of my process and laughed as I traced my Sex and the City dvd for my template...not too sure this is what she meant when she said to pick your child's favorite movie for tracing. LOL











My finished product appears to be a little skinnier and longer than the one I was copying, but the new owner didn't seem to care as she deposited her sunglasses into the bag.


While all of this was going on I sat by the kitchen window and watched as the fence guys installed our new fence. Editing to add that the fence is, in fact straight, unlike the view from this photo.And I made a pot of freshly brewed iced tea. I even have a special pot for TEA ONLY. Love my glass of iced tea with lemon.



And, so I am moving out of my funk little by little with a project here and there.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the little bag! :) I can't sew A THING! Your mom is proud of you, Karol. And just think of the wonderful memories your daughters will have of you when they grow up. (((Hugs)))

    I am about to make myself a pot of iced tea as well.

    ReplyDelete