Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Oh Dear---Part Deux

Ready for this one????  Wait for it....I hit a deer yesterday morning! I was on my way to the middle school with Lily and two of her friends for a field trip. It was really dark out (about 6:15 a.m.) and out of nowhere a deer slammed into the hood of my car! 


Really!!! 


I know this probably sounds like a joke. How can one woman have this many strange events involving a car in less than 5 years! But, it's true. 


Deer fur galore!!!

We are all okay (I had a few minor bumps and bruises)!!! Yay! And the girls handled it all perfectly (they were all fine!).





A friend happened on the scene of the accident and was able to take the three girls with her to the middle school. They made it in time to attend their field trip. I stayed behind to deal with the tire that was stuck in a ditch and to give the state trooper all of my info. Once again, damage to the front of the car---hood, grill, headlights, fog lights, etc., as well as, air bags going off and a broken seat belt to replace.


Deer dent



The car was still operable. So, I made it back home and John drove me to Durham (in his vehicle) to catch up with the kids on the field trip. 
Missing Nissan symbol
(If you see a doe emblazoned with a Nissan logo, I think it might belong to me)




Just another exciting day in the country!!!! To read about my other vehicular incidents...#1, #2, #3.

No comments:

Post a Comment