Monday, August 28, 2017

Seasons

I was sitting at the beach near a large group of men, women, and children and I overheard them discussing everything from being pregnant to when to put sunscreen on a baby. It was a mixed batch of people in their early 30s. A few of the guys appeared to be single, there were several pregnant women, and then a few couples with small children.

As I watched them, I thought about the fact that their lives were all about to change. And it made me think of the changes that have occurred in the last 20 years. I met John, we got married, i had a miscarriage, I became pregnant with Lily, we moved to another state, we moved to another home within North Carolina, Shelly was born, and then all of the things that happen when your children are in school took place.

The changes didn't stop there and the big changes started happening as they became teenagers. We moved back to Virginia, a place the girls didn't know well. They started at new schools and John started a new job.

The seasons in our lives are amazing, scary, exciting, and inspiring. I'm sitting on the edge of our next big season, Lily's senior year, and I'm hoping that I will remember to stop and take it all in and I'm wondering if there's a couple who might be looking on at our family and reminiscing about this stage and their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment